fraud prevention service (fps)
Whilst the FDS monitors and highlights suspected manipulated matches, Sportradar has recognised the need for a full Fraud Prevention Service (FPS). This toolbox of preventative solutions offers sports organisations, state authorities and law enforcement agencies all the support and information they need to tackle match-fixing. Whether they are currently facing a real problem in their sport or they have the foresight to take preventative measures, the FPS offers an impactful solution.
The FPS is available in specifically tailored packages designed to accommodate a wide range of requirements and budgets. Comprehensive packages are available to ensure that all aspects of the sport are covered, enabling our partners to act upon and react to any possible situation in a positive and proactive manner. In the long run, this will ensure that organised crime and match-fixing does not have a detrimental effect on their sport, its public image and thus the commercial revenue it seeks to generate.
Our Integrity Workshops, which can be provided as single workshops or as part of an integrity tour, are targeted at club participants (such as players, coaches and physios) as well as at other sports officials and other stakeholders (e.g. league officials). The objectives of these workshops are:
- To cultivate awareness and appreciation of the different motives behind match-fixing along with various methods match-fixers use to achieve their goals
- To demonstrate how the betting industry is used by match-fixers to make a profit, but also by Sportradar to identify and monitor suspicious activity
- To review the integrity rules which players and officials are bound by, along with the serious consequences they will face if found in breach of these rules
- To let players and officials know how they can get help and report an issue/approach
Our e-learning tutorials are a perfect supplement to the Integrity Workshops since they offer sports organisations (e.g. governing bodies, player’s unions, etc.) the opportunity to communicate with their target groups via an efficient, bespoke and cost-effective medium. The objectives of our e-learning tutorials are:
- To explore the world of match-fixing by following the paths of real-life convicted match-fixers
- To ensure the user experience is both informative and engaging, whilst keeping the product as simple to use as possible
- To gauge understanding through multiple-choice assessment and provide corrective feedback as needed
- To track completion via an electronic signature, ensuring your organisation is able to show that individuals have taken part in this learning experience and have no plausible deniability towards the issues highlighted
Annual Risk Assessment
Sportradar will conduct an annual full risk assessment on each of your competitions. This will include analysis on the level of bookmaker coverage (Asian bookmakers, betting exchanges, etc.), the core and special bets offered, estimates on betting turnover and other relevant factors that could present a risk to your sport.
Pitched at high level operatives in the law enforcement environment or at senior sport stakeholder executives, our briefings provide a comprehensive run through and update on the key information and insights required to understand the international betting industry and the world of match-fixing. Attendees will leave the briefing with awareness and facts, supporting their understanding of the issue in all its complexity and impact. This will leave them better equipped to spot the signs as they lead investigations and organisations.
Those who have engaged in match-fixing should be held accountable and, wherever possible, prosecuted to the fullest extent. Sportradar assists organisations with their analysis of betting related evidence and have dispatched their experts to clarify betting activity and data. Sportradar is also on hand to fully support organisations with their prosecutions by submitting witness statements, or by providing testimony at judicial forums or in the courts of law.
Media Relations Support
To ensure an organisation is doing all it can to protect itself, Sportradar offers advice or a briefing ahead of all press conferences or media releases to ensure the issues of match-fixing are fully addressed and clearly understood by the organisation. This can range from a proactive move such as an announcement of new integrity measures, or making a public statement at the conclusion of an internal hearing.
SPORTRADAR INTEGRITY PROGRAM
Our comprehensive Fraud Prevention Service (FPS) suite means that we are in the unique position to compile tailored Integrity Programs to meet the specific education and prevention needs of any federation, league or club. By creating a bespoke program, which can include Official Certification as well as PR & Marketing support, Sportradar can put together a comprehensive and highly visible campaign that will educate and assure stakeholders.
Tailored range of solutions to educate players and referees to all betting and fraud related topics.
Explanation of all of the key issues about match-fixing including interviews with a convicted player/referee.
Press-conference, media coverage, supporting marketing material, social media etc.
After successfully completing the program, the sport organisation receives an official certification.
HFF Integrity Tour
INTEGRITY MOBILE APP
We have developed a mobile app called RADAR which ensures players and match-officials have a channel to report match-fixing, or any other suspicious activity relating to sport corruption at any time, completely anonymously and confidentially.
- Users can save and attach audio files as well as pictures or videos as evidence to support a report
- The individual Sport Organisation’s official integrity-related rules and regulations are also easily accessible to ensure players and match-officials are clear about the code of conduct they must follow
- Users get answers to the most frequently asked questions relating to the app
- An integrated news feed provides the latest disciplinary updates of the Sport Organisation
- The app can be fully tailored to the individual needs and requirements of the Sport Organisation including own logos, colour schemes and other branding